Elko veterinary clinic is excited to announce that we have created a charitable fund to offer grants to clients who need financial assistance to provide lifesaving care for their pets, including all animals large and small. All too often, even the best pet owners can find themselves financially unprepared to do what is needed to save their pet and facing a heart-wrenching decision if they can’t afford treatment.
Of course, as veterinarians, we love animals first and foremost, and don’t want any family to have to make that terrible decision. Elko Veterinary Clinic Community Cares Fund has long been a service provided by the clinic. We have maintained this fund though the generosity of our clients. We wanted to do more and so, inspired by clients who want to help the less fortunate owners afford emergency pet care, we have used our Community Cares fund to establish a charitable fund with the Veterinary Care Foundation. The Veterinary Care Foundation is a 501(c)(3) charitable foundation and is unique in that 100% of every dollar donated goes directly to veterinary practices. The Foundation never uses charitable contributions for administration, salaries, or fundraising. Our Clinic will be using the funds for Good Samaritan cases, clients experiencing significant financial difficulties and collaboration with other 501(c)(3) rescue groups.
For those of you who can help other less fortunate owners and animals in our community you can donate by clinking on the Community Cares link on the home page. You can also stop by the clinic any time to donate. Donations made online will receive a tax deductible receipt. We thank you in advance for any generosity. As a practice we will be doing fundraising throughout the year to help maintain the fund and work to make a difference for as many people and more importantly animals as possible.
Community Cares Goals
- Provide financial support towards good Samaritan cases and situations where an owner has fallen on substantial hardship or financial crisis.
- Partner with other 501c3 animal charities to provide low cost spay and neuter services for adoptable pets.
- Connect with community groups to provide trap neuter release services to help manage feral cat populations.
- Provide veterinary services to underserved and unhoused communities and pet owners.
- Raise enough funds to purchase and operate a mobile low cost spay and neuter clinic to serve rural Northern Nevada communities.
Elko Veterinary Clinic Community Cares fund has long been a service provided by the clinic and became a 501c-3 non-profit organization in 2022 after partnering with the Veterinary Care Foundation.
Community Cares provides veterinary care to our community’s animals in need. Our mission is to aid in situations where financial burdens prevent owners and good Samaritans from obtaining needed veterinary care.