Thank you for your interest in an externship at Elko Veterinary Clinic.
Please take a few moments to read the following and fill out some contact information and our shadowing form.
Here at Elko Veterinary Clinic we love to teach eager and friendly people. We offer our extern program to people who want to learn and go into the field of veterinary medicine.
Some of our guide lines are as follows:
- If you want to extern with a large animal veterinarian, plan on being here for the whole day. Bring water to drink and a lunchbox.
- Handling animals is up to the veterinarian.
- You will have to sign a waiver.
- You will not be permitted to take pictures.
- In the event of an animal emergency, we do ask that you stand back out of the way.
- Going into the doctor’s office will be up to them.
- Stand back when watching our veterinarians work. Anything can happen during an exam and they need space to react.
- Must be currently enrolled in Veterinary School.
- No questions in front of the clients. The doctor’s will be happy to answer questions after the exam.
- You will be with the doctor that is in the same field you are going to be going into.
If you would like the opportunity to do your externship with us please give us some contact information and attach a resume by filling out this form completely.