Thank you for your interest in shadowing our veterinarians at Elko Veterinary Clinic. Please take a few moments to read the following and fill out some contact information and our shadowing form.
Here at Elko Veterinary Clinic we love to teach eager and friendly people. We offer our shadowing program to people who want to learn and go into the field of veterinary medicine.
Some of our guide lines are as follows:
- Shadowing is for 1 day only.
- If you want to shadow a large animal veterinarian, plan on being here for the whole day. Bring water to drink and a lunchbox.
- You will not be permitted to handle any animals.
- You will have to sign a waiver.
- You will not be permitted to take pictures.
- In the event of an animal emergency, we do ask that you stand back out of the way.
- You will not be allowed in the doctor’s office due to confidential material kept in there.
- Stand back when watching our veterinarians work. Anything can happen during an exam and they need space to react.
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- No questions in front of the clients.
The doctor’s will be happy to answer questions after the exam. If you would like the opportunity to shadow our veterinarians please fill out the information on this form.